Wednesday 24 July 2013

Too Soon?


 
Buy here
So I seem to have found my winter coat.  It popped up on Topshop's new-in page, and suddenly I became convinced a peacoat is the answer to my cold-weather (sartorial) problems.  I had a similar one when I was about 13, which had originally been my father's and was therefore ridiculously oversized on me.  I loved it though, and it fitted in perfectly with my grunge-era wardrobe of lace-up bovver boots and loose smock dresses.  This time round though, I fancy wearing it with skater skirts, ankle boots and slouchy jumpers- an homage to the schoolgirl style I eschewed as an actual schoolgirl.  I'm not entirely convinced it's not much too soon to be looking at winter woollies, but last winter, I ended up selling my older coats and was left with only a navy oversized boyfriend style I randomly bought from Primark in the autumn.  This year, I thought it would be nice to actually put some thought into what I buy, so it surely can't hurt to start dreaming of coats and jumpers in July. Normally, I tend to avoid buying things this far in advance, and can't bring myself to go bikini shopping (for example) before it's actually beach weather.  This year though, summer came late, which means that by the time I actually wanted to buy warm weather clothes, they were all in the sale and looking decidedly less tempting.  Therefore, I've decided there is absolutely no point in summer fashion and am skipping straight to next season.  Especially as I've just come back from two weeks spent by the sea, where I wore an outfit that did not consist of a bikini and flip flops exactly once.  And it was lovely.  So I'll continue to muddle through with my collection of beach cover-ups and denim shorts (fine, and a few actual clothes and sandals) until the temperatures drop and I can revive my interest in fashion.  In the meantime, I'll be working on my autumn/winter wishlist.  Next up, the perfect block-heeled chelsea boots and a pair of monk-strap brogues...

No comments:

Post a Comment