Saturday 24 May 2014

Craving change

top- Cos, skirt- vintage, shoes- Charlie May
 It's funny, after a winter spent in jumpers, shorts and trainers, I'm suddenly overwhelmed by the urge to wear skirts, dresses and proper shoes.  I'm even finding myself craving heels for the first time in probably years.  I don't know what's behind this really- possibly a combination of my reverting to form (tomboyish dressing has never really been my cup of tea) and my flea-sized attention span- after wearing/eating/doing anything for too long, I get bored and want the exact opposite of the offending clothing/food/activity.  So it's no surprise that the grey suede vintage skirt I'm wearing in this photo is possibly my favourite recent purchase (I want to pair it with floaty cream tops, of which I currently own precisely none).  I instead chose to pair it with my trusty old favourite Cos top and my new-ish Charlie May x H by Hudson brogues which I've since decided are not quite me and are currently up on ebay (*ahem* not that I'm shamelessly plugging my own listing or anything...)  

The below outfit I think illustrates that shapeless sport-inspired tops do absolutely nothing for me and are best left as ghosts of sartorial mistakes past.  Luckily it was only £2.99 in the sale and will work quite well as a beach cover up come summer.  I am incredibly pleased with my scallop-hemmed skirt from Toppers though- I wish they had brought out more colours, I would have bought them all!


    


top- Pull & Bear, skirt- Topshop, shoes- Kurt Geiger

No comments:

Post a Comment