Wednesday 11 December 2013

House of Hackney x Asos

It's been a while since I've been able to get excited about a designer/high street collaboration.  Isabel Marant for H&M left me cold (the high street has been overrun with IM copies for years now- the last thing I want to see is more of the same, even if it is officially sanctioned by Miss Marant herself), and Meadham Kirchhoff for Topshop was brilliantly bonkers, but ultimately, not for me.  So when I came upon House of Hackney's capsule collection for Asos, I couldn't help but add half of it to my wishlist and fervently hope Asos will continue offering 20% off everything next weekend, as they have in previous weeks.  I was expecting the collection to be a bit more floral-heavy, which is what I've come to associate with the brand, but tartan is probably a lot more "me", and it reminds me of both my beloved Dries van Noten S/S 13 collection, and the Stella McCartney coat I've been lusting after this season.  Now I just need to decide what to actually buy- I'm leaning towards the slip dress, which is, unfortunately for my bank balance, the most expensive piece in the collection...


No comments:

Post a Comment