Tuesday 8 January 2013

New Shoes

The first of my sale spoils finally arrived today, in the form of these:

The vintage filter is to make them look edgy and cool, rather than Essex.

It's been nearly a decade since the last time I wore kitten heels, and I had consigned them to the dustbin of early noughties fashion mistakes, but these convinced me to give them another try.  The colour and smoking slipper-ish front make them a bit more interesting than the standard, low-heel court, plus, I've obviously been brainwashed by the constant presence of white shoes in editorials, on fashion blogs, on the catwalk, etc.  I blame Phoebe Philo- she first made low-heeled white court shoes covetable in pre-fall '11.

And, after randomly finding this photo with the shoes from that collection, I may have ordered a similar(ish) dress from the Topshop sale with the idea of copying this look.  Just need to learn to backcomb my hair now...




No comments:

Post a Comment