Friday 15 March 2013

Pastels vs Grey Skies

My pink obsession is showing no signs of waning, and has instead transferred itself to pastels in general (what's happened to me?  Pastels were the one trend I would reliable flip past in every spring magazine feature ever, writing them off as too saccharine and unflattering.  Now I want everything in my life to be the colour of sugared almonds and Easter eggs).  They've been working their way into my once-neutral coloured life and have cheered me up considerably in the face of the never-ending winter we're currently experiencing.


New pyjama trousers- my single favourite thing to wear at the moment.  Especially good as the rain makes me want to do nothing but hide inside and dream of summer.

 I had the idea of a making a pastel rainbow of an shawl/oversized wrap for spring- this is the first batch of colours I'm planning to use (it'll be a variation on this).

striped top- Pull & Bear, glittery top- Meadham Kirchhoff x Topshop, skirt- Topshop, shoes- Kurt Geiger
A super-girly outfit worn during a rare break in the cold rain, which just about allowed for bare legs.  This is so seriously out of character- I'm not wearing a single thing in black or navy.

Of course, if I continue like this, I fully expect to end up dyeing the cats lilac and painting flowers and rainbows on all my walls.  Let's hope the sun comes out soon, so I can return to my usual dark and sombre self.  

No comments:

Post a Comment