Tuesday 5 March 2013

Today...

Have been feeling massively uninspired lately (why have all the fashion weeks been such a let-down?  Even my perennial favourites like Dries van Noten and Chloe didn't do anything for me) but the sun is finally out, which has been what I needed to wake from my traditional winter hibernation (more figurative than literal unfortunately- how amazing would it be to just sleep through all the horrible winter months and wake up when it's warm and sunny?)

I also received a long-overdue order from Asos, which included the perfect pink lipstick I've been after for ages:


 
It's by American brand Laqa & Co and it's a super-bright-yet-not-obnoxious pink.  I stumbled across this when I was searching for cruelty-free lipsticks, which are quite hard to find in non-neutral colours.  I'm trying to move away from just wearing pale lips and dark eyes, and I thought pink would be perfect addition to my lipstick wardrobe (which currently only consists of two shades of red, several nudes and Please Me by Mac).

I also received this black and white spotted top
 I've vaguely been looking for something like this for a while now, but never found a version I liked enough.  I'm sure I'll be sick of anything in graphic black and white by the end of this season, but spotted shirts are a bit of a classic, so I can always just move it to the back of my wardrobe until the high street has moved on. 

And in honour of the weather, an actual outfit photo!  In daylight! Un-blurred and not taken in a fitting room mirror!  In retrospect, my outfit is a bit boring, but I was in a rush and just wanted to wear my new top.

cardigan- Topshop Boutique, shirt- Asos, jeans- Primark, shoes- Surface to Air
If I were still in London, I would have run for Hampstead Heath to lie in the sun with a pile of magazines, but I'm not, so I had to make do with going here:



No comments:

Post a Comment